Scott Morrison MP’s Facebook page provides a platform for the public to provide feedback and commentary on topical issues and keep in touch with him as Federal Member for Cook and Prime Minister of Australia.
Posted comments, links, video and images do not represent the views of Scott Morrison MP or as the Prime Minister of Australia, and he takes no responsibility for any comments posted by third parties on his Facebook page or other social media accounts.
While the sharing of thoughts and opinions is encouraging on his Facebook page and other social media accounts, we expect this will be done in a respectful manner and it does not indulge in personal attacks.
Therefore, comments will be deleted, and users may be banned, if they contain:
• Hate speech
• Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity
• Nudity in profile pictures
• Defamation to a person or people
• Name calling, bullying and/or personal attacks
• Trolling of any description
• Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product
• Comments that infringe on copyrights
• Comments that are clearly not on thread or are
deliberately provocative and do not contribute positively to the debate
• Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly
on a profile, and
• Other comments that staff deem inappropriate.
Repeated or serious violations of this comment policy may result in the user being permanently banned from the Facebook page or social media account.
We reserve the right to close comments on posts that may elicit harmful, defamatory or otherwise unlawful user contributions.
Standard policy is that comments will be closed on posts after 3-5 days.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. While the Prime Minister’s Facebook page and other social media platforms are monitored closely, there may be some delays in removing inappropriate comments.