Our local communities are the heart of this great country and this investment in local projects under the SCP is about invigorating these communities and ensuring their continued success.
The SCP supports the Coalition Government’s commitment to deliver social benefits in communities across Australia. Round 5 of the programme will provide $22.65 million to fund small capital projects in each of the 151 federal electorates.
A maximum of 20 projects per electorate can be funded, not exceeding $150,000 in total.
Examples of projects which may be funded under the programme include:
- fit-out of community centres, including kitchen upgrades and equipment
- purchases such as computers, TVs, furniture and fittings
- sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, BBQ facilities, seating, new turf, fit-out of change rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks
- purchase of equipment for local SES
- first aid equipment
Eligible applicants can apply for funding of at least $2,500 and up to a maximum of $20,000. Applicants must be able to demonstrate matched funding for the project, in cash or in-kind. Projects must be scheduled to finish by 30 June 2020.
Examples of ineligible projects include:
- Payment of salaries for existing and new staff or contractors
- Recurring or ongoing expenditure such as annual maintenance, lease payments, electricity or gas expenditure
- Projects that seek funding to stage events, exhibit a display or for filming
- Projects to undertake studies or investigations
- Purchase of land or buildings
HOW DO I APPLY?
Applying for a Cook Stronger Communities Programme Grant is a two-step process.
- Submission of “Expression of Interest” (EOI)
- If your EOI application is approved you will be invited to complete a detailed application form through an online portal which will be processed by the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development (The Dept.)
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
- Complete the Expression of Interest application on line by close of business Monday 2nd September, 2019
- EOI Applications will be assessed by the independently chosen Cook Stronger Communities Consultation Committee (The Committee) between 3 – 9 September,2019.
- From 10 September all EOI applicants will be notified by email regarding The Committees decision.
- Successful applicants will receive a link to the SCP website and grant portal administered by The Dept. to complete a full submission of their project. This online portal will require more detailed information such as budgets, proof of matched funding, plans etc.
Please note approval of your successful Expression of Interest Application by The Committee does not guarantee approval of your formal application. Your full detailed application will be assessed by The Dept. Applications via the online portal close 10 October, 2019, 5.00pm
- Once you have completed your detailed application online The Dept. will assess your application. You may be contacted by them directly if they require further information from you.
- If your application is successful you will be notified by my office before December.
For more information about the Stronger Communities Programme, please contact my office on 02 9523 0339.
Alternatively further information and guidelines can be found at www.business.gov.au/assistance/stronger-communities-programme.
Kookaburra Kids received funding in Round 1 SCP for a car
Port Hacking Sailing Club upgraded their kitchen with Round 2 funding
Gymea Community Pre School upgraded their kitchen in Round 2.