The Volunteer Grants program was an initiative of the Coalition Government, continuing our commitment to assist volunteers and encourage volunteering.
Grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 are available to eligible not-for-profit community organisations to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers.
If your organisation or your organisation’s volunteers are in my electorate of Cook, I encourage you to complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) form by 5pm Friday, 8th September 2023. Please note that your expression of interest does not guarantee your grant approval. Please refer to the application process and timeline below.
For more information about the grant and eligibility, please CLICK HERE for the 2023-24 Volunteer Grants Opportunity Guidelines.
Please do not hesitate to contact my office on (02) 9523 0339 if you have any questions.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applying for a Volunteer Grant is a two-stage process:
1.Submission of “Expression of Interest” (EOI) to the Member for Cook.
2.Submission of “formal” application to Department of Social Services (the Department) via the Community Grants Hub.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
1.Complete an Expression of Interest (paper form) and mail to the Cook electorate office PO Box 1306 CRONULLA NSW 2230.
OR scan and email to email@example.com
OR complete the Expression of Interest form online.
EOI’S MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE ELECTORATE OFFICE NO LATER THAN 5pm FRIDAY, 8TH SEPTEMBER 2023. EOI’S RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
2. Expressions of Interest will be assessed by the Cook Volunteer Grants Committee (the Committee) the week commencing 18th September 2023. The Committee is made up of a broad range of community members who assess EOI applications impartially.
3. Successful and Unsuccessful Expressions of Interest applications will be notified to each organisation the week commencing 25th September 2023 by the electorate office. (Note total grant funding for distribution in each electorate totals $66,225 and there is no limit on the number of grants for allocation).
Please note approval of your Expression of Interest by the Committee does not guarantee approval of your formal grant application. Your formal grant application will be assessed by the Department of Social Services.
4. Prior to 6th November 2023 you will be notified by our office if your EOI has been progressed to stage 2. The Department will then send invitations to successful EOI/nominated organisations to submit their “formal” applications for the 2023-24 Volunteer Grant Round. A unique nomination ID will be provided by our office so that successful organisations can commence their formal application.
5. “Formal” applications close 24th November 2023.
Formal Grant Applications can only be made via the link in the invitation the Department sends direct to your organisation. Please ensure the email you provide in the EOI stage 1 is an email that is regularly monitored.
6. Between November 2023 and March 2024 the Department will assess the “formal” grant applications.
7. April 2024 our office will advise the successful applicants. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified directly by the Department.
8. May 2024 Grant agreements and money paid by Department.